The right facilitator:Request to Speak with Consultant
why is this important?
- Directors are busy people and the Board’s time is valuable
- The facilitator needs to have the financial skills to ‘hit the mark’ from the Board’s perspective
- Directors expect to be engaged by a facilitator who can speak from experience as a director; they need to be credible
We use a four point framework:
- Consult with our client to identify the financial training needs of the Board
- Establish the strategic context for the training
- Build a learning platform based on a common understanding of key financial terminology and accounting concepts
- Extend the financial skills of the Board through case studies based on our clients financial reports
Jim Turcato CPA, FAICD
Committed to building the financial skills of the Not-for-profit Board
Jim is a business consultant, an experienced director and professional finance facilitator with a skill for assisting Not-for-profit Boards to quickly fill any gaps in financial literacy and then to build the Board’s understanding of the critical strategic financial challenges of the organisation.
He has facilitated Board finance programs for the AFL Players Association, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, the Australian Dental Council, the Queen Elizabeth Centre, Life Saving Victoria, Southern GP Training Ltd, Southern Cross Grammar, and the Loddon- Mallee and Albury Regional Health Boards. Jim is an accredited facilitator of the highly respected AICD Company Directors Course and has also been a facilitator of the Australian Centre for Healthcare Governance Financial Literacy Board Roundtable.
Jim is currently a Trust Member of The Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and a Board member and Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee Chair of Murray City Country Coast GP Training Ltd. He has also previously served as a Board member and Audit Committee Chair of The Alfred, Board Member and Audit, Finance and Risk Committee Chair of Gippsland GPHN and also as a non-executive director of South East Water Corporation, including a term as Chair of the Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee.
Jim combines his finance, business, facilitation and board experience to facilitate boardroom programs that are highly engaging and practical.